Learn by Doing... Shapes - Flashcards
Our new edition ‘Learn by Doing… Shapes’ pack has been upgraded to include a total of 24 double-sided cards, all at the same great value as our number cards. The world is made up of so many shapes and, as a child, it’s fascinating to discover them. The pack includes 24 double-sided Montessori style 2D and 3D shapes and shapes to trace, all designed specifically to help learn and recognise the number of sides on each shape. A simple dot to dot connection to learn to draw the shape and help understand the number of points and sides to each shape. Learn through playing a number of fun games on the reference card to explore shapes in everyday objects in nature and indoors. The pack also contains a prewriting card, designed to highlight developmental ages to encourage your child to draw and write independently.
The Learn by Doing… Shapes pack is perfect for preschool (aged 2+), Reception (early years, ages 4-5 years) and Year 1 (ages 5-6 years). The shapes included are: circle, triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, sphere, cylinder, pyramid, cone, cube and cuboid. These are the shapes which are covered in the Maths School syllabus (KS1). Our updated new edition also includes: oval, diamond, parallelogram, nonagon, decagon, semicircle, crescent, star, trapezium, heart, hemisphere and triangular prism. These shapes are useful for Year 2 and beyond when edges, vertices and faces come into play.
We love to consider everything...
- The cards have been simply designed
- Black and white high contrast for two-dimensional shapes and simple colours to separate and highlight three-dimensional shapes
- Child-friendly font for ease of legibility
- Each pack comes with 8 fun ways to play and discover shapes, helping to learn in a fun and engaging way
- The rounded edges making them safe and perfect for little hands
- Each card has a matt laminated finish so they can be wiped clean and used over and over
- Their modern style and lasting finish mean they can be used right through primary school.
- Each pack is supplied in a sturdy recycled keepsake box.
These hands-on cards are ideal to help preschoolers and early years to learn their 2D and 3D shapes, boost confidence, and develop writing skills.
Suggested Age: 2+ years