Delivery & Returns
RETURNS, REFUND AND DELIVERY POLICY – MAMA BROWN & CO
The following important information relates to returns, refunds and delivery of items purchased on our website.
In this policy:
- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Mama Brown & Co Limited; and
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
1. Right to cancel your purchase
- You have the right to cancel your purchase within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day you receive the goods you have purchased.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your purchase by a clear statement (for example, a letter sent by post or email). You can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory.
To Mama Brown & Co Limited
22 Clarendon Way
Kent, BR7 6RF
I/We hereby give notice that I/We cancel my/our purchase of the following goods: [customer to insert details of goods purchased], ordered on [insert date] and received on [insert date].
Name of consumer(s): [customer to insert name]
Address of consumer(s): [customer to insert address]
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper): [customer to sign]
Date: [customer to insert date]
- Where you have purchased made to order, personalised or bespoke goods from us, you have the right to cancel your purchase only if the goods are faulty or are not fit for purpose. Please see clause 6 below for further details regarding faulty goods.
2. Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel your purchase, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel your purchase.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received goods:
- you will send back the goods without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of your purchase to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired;
- you are responsible for the direct cost of returning the goods unless the goods are faulty;
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
3. When you do not have the right to change your mind
- Your right as a consumer to change your mind does not apply in respect of:
- products which have been made to order, which are bespoke, or which have been personalised as per your specifications;
- digital products after you have started to download or stream them;
- services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running;
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
- sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, once these products are unsealed after you receive them; and
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- We use Royal Mail as standard to deliver our goods. Please review the delivery information on each individual sales page for further information on the delivery options available.
- We will advise you of the delivery charges on the sales page for each product before you finalise your purchase.
- You will be advised via email once your goods have been dispatched to you.
- If something happens which is outside of our control and affects the estimated date of delivery, we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- Delivery of the goods will be deemed to have taken place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days, we will let you know, cancel your order, and give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
5. Nature of the goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- are of satisfactory quality;
- are fit for purpose;
- match the description, sample or model; and
- are installed properly (if we install any goods).
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the site.
- While we try to make sure that:
- all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible, there may be a small tolerance of up to one per cent (1%) in such weights, sizes and measurements; and
- the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you
- Any goods sold at discount prices, as remnants, or as substandard will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- If we can’t supply certain goods we may need to substitute them with alternative goods of equal or better standard and value. In this case:
- we will let you know if we intend to do this; and
- you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
6. Faulty goods
- Nothing in this policy affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- us to repair the goods;
- us to replace the goods;
- a price reduction; or
- to reject the goods and get a refund.
- The goods will not be deemed faulty or unfit for purpose due to an error or mistake in the details of any personalisation that you have provided and approved. By way of example, an item will not be deemed faulty or unfit for purpose, and you will not be entitled to a refund or replacement, if the personalisation of an item is spelt incorrectly based on an incorrect spelling provided and approved by you.