We might be isolated but you're not alone... ready or not, this is our opportunity to turn off distractions and embrace some family time, and we're here to help you! Take the opportunity to play with your minis, reconnect as a family, have fun with them, learn with them, be silly with them. Remember what it was like to be a child and rediscover the joy of play.
We're here to bring you a whole host of ideas to fill the next 30 days and beyond with playful activities. You'll find tips on learning through play, activity ideas and ways to keep the family fun alive no matter how long you're at home for... who's with us?!
We're all going need to turn to screen time at some point over the coming weeks and months, to give the minis - and the grown ups - a much needed break. But screen time can still engage their minds, here we have selected some of our favourite digital resources for both learning and playing, from a host of our brand partners and Brown family favourites.
S W I T C H O N T U N E I N
- T W I N K L : Discover school activities for age 5+ and sorted by school class to make life super easy - subscription is free for one month while schools are closed.
- H I T T H E B U T T O N : Top Marks maths practice activities for 5-11 year olds.
- P H O N I C S P L A Y : The subscription based platform have opened up for free during this isolation period, sign in here Username march20 Password home.
- G O N O O D L E : Discover movement and mindfulness videos and exercises created by child development experts here.
- A U D I B L E : The digital audio book service have made their resource of online stories free for children to listen to whilst the schools are closed. Simply click here to start listening to stories in six different languages available to stream on desktops, laptops, phones or tablets.
- S C O U T S : Welcome to The Great Indoors, the Scouts share a host of wonderful activities you can try at home here.
- J O U R N A L I N G : Colour Chronicles have made pages of their award winning record book available for free so you can talk about and record how you and your minis are feeling through this changing time, download the pages here.
- Y E A R O F P L A Y : The creators of Year of Dates have pulled together a free family activity download to help us all use this time to make memories that will last a lifetime, watch out for some play ideas from their Year Of Play pack!
- W I L D P L A Y : This animal themed Activity Blog by The Little Black & White Book Company features the animals from their wonderful board books on everything from animal mask making to DIY penguin skittles, alternatively you can find an exclusive new word search just for you and your minis here.
- C A R D D I E S : Carddies Club offers free activities to test their brain and creativity or use their Carddies School set to bring the magic of the classroom home.
- H A P P Y N E W S : The wonderful Emily Coxhead has created a free Happy News Pack for your little ones to remind them of all the good in the world, download it here.
- K I D S T A B L E : In the absence of their usual craft activities in pubs and restaurants, The Kids’ Table team are posting a new ‘Crafternoon’ kids craft video to their You Tube channel at 2pm every Tuesday and Thursday. The 10 minute how-to videos will bring the crafts that they would have been offering in person to your kitchen table instead. Designed for children aged 3 – 10yrs old to enjoy at home, the videos will use basic craft cupboard tools making everything from unicorn finger puppet to weather mobiles.
- C O L O U R I N A R T : Brighton based artist Dominique Sullivan is using her talents to help entertain the children with a range of unique colour in designs you can download for free here. Emily Brooks is also sharing some original art pieces to help you entertain the minis with some colouring here.
- T H E Z O O : Visit a zoo of your choice digitally as many global zoos and aquariums open their virtual doors until it is safe for us to visit again in person - Edinburgh Zoo have a wonderful live cameras on the Penguin, Koala, Panda and Tiger enclosures here, and Little Bird have kindly done a round up of the best the US has to offer here.